See Adam’s Dorset
Today we feature Adam Partridge, @adampartridge on Instagram and his county Dorset in the UK. Adam is 27 years old and he likes to ride a bike around Dorset while capturing the beauty with his mobile phone, something he does with great success.
His beautiful images of the Jurassic coast, colorful beach huts and charming cottages caught our attention and made us want to know more about the place. Speaking for myself, his images has convinced me that I need to visit some day.
1. Featured picture
“This picture is my most favorite ever taken of Dorset and I believe it represents the place well, showcasing our wonderful beaches and great coastal walks. I had just been on a long gruelling bike ride along the steep hills of the Jurassic coast, and I stopped off at one of the highest cliffs along the coast to have a rest and take in the view. The light was perfect and luckily I was able to capture the cloud shadows on the water.”
We asked Adam to choose the options that best describe his style. His choices are highlighted:
- Spontaneous or Planner
- Lone shooter or Social shooter
- Colours or Black & White
- Gadgets or Simply mobile phone
- iOS or Android
- Innovative or Traditional
- Edit or No edit
- Filter or No Filter
- People (in pictures) or No People
3. Adam’s top 3 reasons to visit Dorset:
- We have some of the best beaches in the country.
- Dorset offers many walks and places to explore ranging from hidden coves to coastal trails.
- The Jurassic Coast in Dorset is a Unesco world heritage site.
4. Adam’s best “secret” hot spots to visit in Dorset:
- Lulworth cove and Durdle door are both must sees!
- Old harry rocks
- Isle of portland
- Corfe castle
“These places all offer amazing views, lovely walking routes and hours of exploring.”
5. Adam’s suggestion for a future SeeMyCity project: Hong Kong
“The culture seems completely different to what I’m used to, I love the architecture and the unique feel to the city.”
6. Adam’s app recommendation:
“I only use Snapseed and apple editing tools. I try not to spend longer than a minute editing a photo.”
7. Adam’s top recommendations of other Dorset Instagrammers to follow:
Here are some of Adam’s images of beautiful Dorset:
We hope you will all check back next month as we chat to another Instagrammer, letting us SeeTheirCity! Thank you Adam, for sharing your world and tips with us.